Several companies are now licensing complete DECT hardware designs, in most cases with software - for handsets, basestations and other applications. Amongst these are the companies listed below. If you know of others, please advise us.
Several companies are now offering hardware and software
modules independently of design services, although usually these are also available if
needed. For info on these:
Ascalade Communications Inc (previously Arkon Networks) offers design consultancy and technical services in wireless technology & design licensing, product development, engineering, and OEM manufacturing liaison all with specific focus on DECT.
non-blind slot DECT solutions for the US market. These are also DECT based
solutions that can either be used to carry voice only, data only or voice and
Project Development - help can be provided in reduced cost wireless communications devices.
Cambridge Consultants (AD Little)
DECT reference designs
Handset & basestation reference designs
RF reference designs
DECT in other standard bands
DECT-type solutions in non-standard bands, where full mobility and low power consumption are required
Professional applications of DECT
Consultancy - in the areas of product definition, electronic design and manufacturing.
Fraunhofer IIS offers a range of services to its customers:
* Consulting- advice on the introduction or development of DECT technology
* Measurement - bit-error-rate-measurement in the target environment, for example
* Licensing of hard- and software - either ready-made OEM-products or as a source code for own developments.
* Customized developments and adaptations
* Prototypes and small-volume production - in cooperation with the Innovation Centre for Telecommunication Technology GmbH (IZT) which is part of the Fraunhofer group manufacturing of prototypes and small- to medium-volume production. Customer-specific work is done on the basis of a research and development contract, involving an offer with fixed price, scope of work and a time schedule, based on the general terms and conditions of the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft. Access to existing know-how or hard- and software is provided within the framework of a licensing agreement involving either an up-front payment or a royalty per unit. Both types of contract are used if, for example, existing know-how is adapted to specific customer requirements.
HW 86910 DECT Evaluation Kit
is a development environment for DECT transceiver modules of type HW 86010. It
contains all necessary hard- and software components for setting up a data
communication between two PCs (not included) for configuration and testing
purposes of DECT transceiver modules of the type HW 86010. For details see:
NSM provides product development & support/consulting of any manufacturing issues that may arise during wireless manufacturing. Experience covers wide spectrum of wireless products which include DECT cordless phone, 2.4GHz cordless phone, 2.4GHz multi-cell multi-line wireless PBX, Bluetooth USB Dongle, Bluetooth RS-232 dongles and wireless headsets.
Having recognised that the high cost of entry is preventing many new players from entering the DECT market, Plextek offers a Fast Track service. See DECT Solutions.
Pride Telecom Ltd
Raycomm offer DECT experience including developing protocol stacks, ensuring GAP compliance and creating products with existing modules using both voice and data. They offer a full range of services from feasibility studies to complete product design.
The RTX3002 MkII can be delivered with a variety of options; i.e. Flash TAD, CLIP, 7-segment or Dot Matrix displays. On top of that RTX can tailor the telephone to the specific needs of the customer. This could include items like headset, hands-free handset and/or base station, specific RF solutions, and many other features. All of course implemented with an optimal Bill of Material.
It also now features the CTM Access Profile as an option and a version with Chinese character and frequencies support.
DPRS DECT Data solution. Demonstrated at DECT2000 and with product availability announced February 2000, the RTX DPRS solution offers up to 552 kb/s bandwidth-on-demand over wireless, with traditional DECT ranges and optimal spectrum usage.
ISDN OEM Solution:
6 handset, 1 external calls and 2 internal call
Temperature range 10°C to 35°C
Receiver Sensitivity typ. –93dBm and minimum –90dBm @ 10-3 BER.
Internal Base supported
services (Not ISDN Services*)
Type Approvals - CTR 3, CTR 6, CTR 10, CTR 22,
S3 - Silicon and Software Systems
& DECT at 2.4GHz
Protocol S/W IP
& DECT at 2.4GHz